On Sunday, April 1, 2012 (Palm Sunday) we had a “Ground Breaking” ceremony for Phase I of the Family Life Center on the new property. Our District Superintendent, Rev. Mike Hubble was present for this special event in Chapel Hill history. The ceremony began at approximately 11:30 AM following our morning worship service. Please remember to continue praying for this Family Life Center as it is built. The building committee is asking you to keep praying according to the prayer focuses below.
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 (Palm Sunday) we held a Service of Consecration for the Family Life Center. Our District Superintendent, Rev. Mike Hubble was present for this special event in Chapel Hill history. The ceremony began at approximately 11:30 AM following our morning worship service. The Family Life Center was Consecrated on Palm Sunday 2013, one year following the ground breaking ceremony that was held on Palm Sunday 2012.
On Sunday, July 14, Jeff Jones gave a Family Life Center Building update. Video as follows:
Our Wednesday Night Bible Study & Youth Programs will begin meeting at the Family Life Center on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 6 PM
We are now holding our Wednesday night activities at the Family Life Center. Preparations are still being made to move our Sunday school classes and Sunday Morning services over to the Family Life Center
We as a church believe in prayer and the power of prayer and desire that God’s will be done for our church and its future. Be not anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6.
Therefore, we the building committee would like to ask the church to come together in prayer before the next phase of the building project begins. We ask beginning January 8, the congregation devote 28 days to petition God to demonstrate His power in the life of the church and its people. We ask that you would pray that:
1. God will reveal His will to us in the proposed building of the new
Family Life Center of the church.
2. Celebrate what God has done and what will be done and pray for those
whose lives can be touched and changed through the ministry of this church.
3. The ministry of this church will be enhanced so that lives can be changed
and souls saved through this project.
4. He will give us a vision of what God wants the church to be in the future.
5. He will give the leaders of this church wisdom and discernment in the
decisions to be made concerning the progression of building the Family Life Center.
6. Pray that we place our confidence in God and what He can do and rely on
His strength to accomplish what He desires to be done.
7. Pray that God will reveal the part that He wishes each one of us to play in
this building project and help us to accept our assignment.
8. Pray that God will help us be faithful and obedient to Him.
9. Pray that we hear and answer God’s call and that everything that we do be
for His glory, honor and approval.
We pray believing that God answers prayer and that we will see His power revealed in our lives, and the life of our church, community and world.
God Bless, Chapel Hill Building Committee