MARCH MISSION PROJECT – FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN
Feed My Starving Children is a Christian organization that tackles world hunger by sending volunteer-packed nutritious meals (manna packs) to 70 countries. The food is used at orphanages, schools, clinics, and feeding programs to break the cycle of poverty and deliver hope. We will continue to collect for the mobile packing event which will take place here at Chapel Hill on March 20-21. So far, we have collected $2,218 this year. Please sign up to volunteer for this event and follow the guidelines below:
Please follow these guidelines when bringing groups that include youth.
- K – 2nd grade: 1 youth to 1 adult
- 3rd – 6th grade: 3 youth to 1 adult
- 7th – 9th grade: 4 youth to 1 adult
- 10th – 12th grade: 5 youth to 1 adult
All volunteers must be aware of the following rules.
- Volunteers MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to their shift.
- Volunteers MUST wear closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers should stay at home if they are not feeling well or if they have severe food allergies.
- Jewelry must be removed in the packing room, so leave it at home if you can (an FDA regulation that FMSC must follow).
- Volunteers will be asked at the end of the packing session for donations to fund the packing event. Please inform volunteers to come prepared to donate (cash, check, credit) if they haven’t already donated.
Chapel Hill is hosting the Mobile Pack on March 20-21, and we wanted to give our church family the first opportunities to register. Currently it is listed as a private event, and this will change to Public Registration on March 1 at 8:00 am You may sign up by going to http://www.fmsc.org, and click on VOLUNTEER button at the top of the screen, scroll down on the screen and enter our zip code 37327, and then click the SEARCH button. A new screen will appear with DUNLAP COMMUNITY MOBILEPACK will appear. and you must click on VIEW PRIVATE EVENT, enter access code Dunlap2020, click SUBMIT, at which point you will be able to select your time slot(s).
*You may have to create an account if you haven’t done so previously.
OTHER MISSION NEWS:
Ark Singers: The Ark Singers will be at Chapel Hill on Sunday March 1st at 5pm to share their music and their ministry. If you have never heard the Ark Singers you will be blessed with their sincere dedication and passion for taking care of the orphan children and needy of Ukraine. We will have a sandwich supper following the presentation so plan to come for an evening of music and fellowship. We will also take up a collection for their work in Ukraine both on March 1st and throughout the month of March.
Jane Indyk for Chapel Hill Missions